Man killed by friend who ‘slept’ with his wife in Lagos

40-year-old man, Lukman Jimoh, aka Oyeolorun, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly killing his bosom friend, Remi Oloyede, akaOra.

Jimoh reportedly cut off Oloyede’s ears and stabbed him in the neck and eyes during a fight on Monday on Adedoja Street, Mushin.

Residents were said to have stayed away from the duo because they both wielded bottles.

Oloyede died on the spot after losing much blood, while his corpse was deposited in a morgue in the state.

Jimoh, who after the incident was taken to a clinic for medical attention due to the injuries he also sustained, was later arrested by policemen from the Alakara division.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the men fought over the claim by the deceased that his friend betrayed him by sleeping with his wife.

A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the two men had been friends for a long time.

She said, “Oyeolorun (Jimoh) and Ora (Oloyede) have been friends for a long time now. They were both living on this street before Oyeolorun relocated to Sango, Ogun State, where he is staying with his family.
“But about three years ago, Oyeolorun allegedly had sexual relation with Ora’s wife and he was very angry about it. From that time, he started looking for a way to get back at him for betraying him.
“To get even, he slept with Oyeolorun’s first wife, but Oyeolorun had already divorced the woman. Ora was still angry and seeking opportunity for a revenge.”

A community member, Adewale Baloye, said people did not intervene because the duo were notorious for such fights.

He said, “It was around 2pm that I got a call that the men were fighting. When I got there, I saw a mammoth crowd on the street. I saw Ora (Oloyede) on the ground, in a pool of blood. His ears had been cut off and his eyes were gone.
“I quickly called a community leader and I was informed that the police were on their way. People took Ora in a tricycle to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, but the doctors turned them back at the gate, saying it was too late. They just brought back his corpse to the area and from there he was taken to a mortuary.

“The police then went to our local clinic, where Oyeolorun (Jimoh) was receiving treatment and arrested him.”
Share on Google Plus

About Single

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment


Post a Comment