He had an epileptic attack-Police deny Lagos bus driver was killed by police woman(Photos)

 The Police have exonerated themselves from the death of a commercial bus driver,claiming he had epilepsy. .. The deceased identified as Muyiwa Ijaduola, was allegedly killed by a Police woman over bribe.He was said to be a member of staff of Joseph Ayo Babalola University.

 An identification card found on him showed that he was employed in 2007 and was attached to the Works Department of the university. Late Ijaduola, who hailed from Osun State, reportedly picked passengers from Iyana-Iba, to Isheri. On reaching Igando bus-stop, two policewomen accosted him and allegedly demanded for N2,000.

Vanguard was informed that the amount was an accumulation of money policemen allegedly extort from commercial bus drivers daily. But the 46-year-old driver was said to have offered the police women N300, which they refused. While begging them to allow him return from that trip, eye witnesses said one of the policewomen, a corporal with an undisclosed identity, dragged the bus driver down and allegedly hit him with her baton.

 Thereafter, he was allegedly pushed inside a ditch, where he remained for about 15 minutes before he was brought out. Unfortunately, he was discovered to be dead with the N300, which he intended to give the police women, still in his palm. Realising the magnitude of the incident, the policewomen fled the scene, abandoning the driver.

 Report had it that the corpse remained at the spot for close to seven hours before it was removed.

But in a swift reaction, the Lagos State Police Command exonerated its men from being the cause of the commercial bus driver’s death. Rather, it stated that the driver had an epileptic attack. The command’s Deputy spokes person, Mr. Ozoani Chukwuma, a Deputy Superintendent of Police described the incident as a case of sudden and unnatural death. He said:

 “What happened at Igando was a case of sudden and unnatural death of a commercial bus driver suspected to have had epileptic attack at Oye Bus-stop, Igando, while calling passengers into his bus. He consequently fell into the gutter. Two policewomen on traffic duty at the bus stop quickly called on sympathisers to help him out. “He was unconscious when brought out, and he was rushed to the General hospital, where he was confirmed dead.”
Share on Google Plus

About Single

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment


Post a Comment